- Up to 10 awards annually in the amount of unmet need but not to exceed the cost of education.
- Office of Admissions
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide a brief written summary regarding your plans/ability to adhere to scholarship and program guidelines and what you hope to gain from being part of the Storm Lake Scholars Program at the University of Iowa.
- Letter of Recommendation Request: Please provide the name and email address for one individual affiliated with your high school (teacher or counselor) who can provide a recommendation on your behalf. Make sure you have the person’s full name and correct e-mail address.
Once the reference name and email address is entered and you click “Save and Keep Editing” or “Finish and Submit”, an e-mail will be automatically sent to the individual completing your recommendation. That e-mail will contain the correct information on how to complete the recommendation. Please notify this person ahead of time to expect an email from us.
After entering your reference information, we recommend that you check back on the portal to ensure that the reference has completed the recommendation by the scholarship deadline of 2/1/2018. You can check the status by clicking on the “References” tab located at the top center of the portal screen.
• You (Applicants) are not able to view the information submitted by the reference.
• If you decide to change the reference after an email has already been sent to the original reference, please contact the individual and inform him/her that the recommendation is no longer needed.