Sport and Recreation Management Incoming Undergraduate Student Scholarship
The SRM Program Incoming Undergraduate Student Scholarship (SRMIUSS) was created to support the attainment of the Sport and Recreation Management (SRM) B.S. degree by students with financial need, and to increase the representation of students from historically underrepresented and marginalized groups in the sport and recreation industry.
- Declared major must be Sport and Recreation Management(can be a double-major, but one major must be SRM)
- Must be admitted, have accepted admission, and entering your first semester at the University of Iowa in the Fall session as a new first-year student (first year admitted transfer students also eligible to apply).
- Must be able to show financial need as determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid’s objective metrics (additional information about financial need supplied in the application will be considered) OR must be able to prove identification with an historically underrepresented or marginalized group
Identification with an underrepresented or marginalized group is defined broadly to include a wide range of groups. All students, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, status as a U.S. veteran, service in the U.S. military, sexual orientation, gender identity, associational preferences, or any other classification are encouraged to apply.
- Sport and Rec Management
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe your reasons for wanting to pursue the Sport and Recreation Management degree at the University of Iowa.
- Describe your financial need for the scholarship – this written statement provides an opportunity to contextualize your financial need and details beyond the objective metrics on file at the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- If you indentify as a member of a historically marginalized or underrepresented group, please check any boxes below that apply(you may check more than one box):
- Please provide any additional information you find necessary in assisting the committee understand your selection(s) of any of the marginalized or underrepresented identifiers in the previous question.
- By signing below, I certify that all information contained in this application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. Further, I understand that consideration for scholarships may be denied if any information is found to be incomplete or inaccurate. My signature also authorizes the University of Iowa to include my academic record with my scholarship application and to release pertinent information to scholarship selection committees, publications and donors.
- 1. Signature (Type Full Name):
- 2. Today's Date