- UI Libraries
- Supplemental Questions
- Please confirm that you have been employed by the Libraries for a minimum of two semesters (they do not have to be consecutive and one semester can be the spring semester during the application period).
- You must submit a 500 word essay which will be evaluated on originality, creativity, and enthusiasm as well as quality of writing, including clarity, grammar, and spelling. Choose ONE of the following topics for your essay: 1) What have you learned about yourself working in the UI Libraries? 2) How has working at the UI Libraries helped you in your academic work? or, 3) Share your most memorable or challenging experience working in the UI Libraries.
- Letter of Support Request: Provide the name and email address of your supervisor at the UI Libraries who can provide a support statement on your behalf.
The system will automatically send your supervisor information on how they can complete the recommendation. Make sure to notify your supervisor ahead of time to expect this email.
We recommend that you check back on the portal to confirm submission of your letter by the scholarship deadline date. You can do so by clicking on the “References” tab located at the top center of the portal screen.
- By signing below, I certify that all information contained in this application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. Further, I understand that consideration for scholarships may be denied if any information is found to be incomplete or inaccurate. My signature also authorizes the University of Iowa to include my academic record with my scholarship application and to release pertinent information to scholarship selection committees, publications and donors.
- 1. Signature (Type Full Name):
- 2. Today's Date