Genevieve Davis Searle Scholarship
Awarded to currently enrolled undergraduate Spanish majors who meet the following criteria:
- Has a UI cumulative GPA of 3.6 or higher;
- Is a native speaker of English;
- Is in at least their fifth semester of university study when the award begins; and
- Is studying in a Spanish-speaking country for one or two semesters and earning at least 18 s.h. of credit.
- Up to $10,000
- Division of World Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a native speaker of English?
- Essay Question
Please provide a one-page statement explaining how your career goals involve the use of the Spanish language and engagement with Hispanic cultures.
- Please provide the name and email addresses for two individuals who can provide a letter of recommendation that speaks to the importance of study abroad to your development as a Spanish major. Make sure you have the full name and correct e-mail addresses of those submitting letters on your behalf.
Once the reference names and e-mail addresses are entered and you click "Save and Keep Editing" or "Finish and Submit", an e-mail will be automatically sent to the individuals writing your letters of recommendation. That e-mail will contain the correct information on how to submit the letters electronically. Please note that you are not able to view the information submitted by your references.
- Provide Name and E-mail Address
- Upload Transcript
All applicants must upload a copy of their current informal transcript in PDF format.
How do I do this?
Login into MyUI and click on the GRADE REPORT button on your home page. Once you’ve done so, right click on your online transcript document and then choose PRINT. When the Print Menu comes up, you may choose to print the document and then rescan the document to upload for submission or you may opt to PRINT TO FILE, which will allow you to save your document to your desktop as a PDF file.
Once you’ve saved your informal transcript information as a PDF, you are ready to upload the file for inclusion in your application materials.
- Verification of Study Abroad Enrollment
Please upload proof of your study abroad enrollment.
- By signing below, I certify that all information contained in this application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. Further, I understand that consideration for scholarships may be denied if any information is found to be incomplete or inaccurate. My signature also authorizes the University of Iowa to include my academic record with my scholarship application and to release pertinent information to scholarship selection committees, publications and donors.
- 1. Signature (Type Full Name):
- 2. Today's Date
- Show 1 more