The Óscar Fernández Scholarship
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese is pleased to announce a scholarship opportunity of up to $1,500. It will be awarded to a student majoring in Spanish or Portuguese who demonstrates financial need. Preference is given to those with a Hispanic or Latinx background. Eligible students may have no more than 12 s.h. completed toward their Spanish or Portuguese major by the end of Spring term.
- Up to $1500
- Division of World Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Supplemental Questions
- Upload Supporting Document: Academic Transcript
Upload a copy of your current transcript in PDF format. Login to MyUI and click on the GRADE REPORT button on your home page.
- Provide two (2) names and email addresses of Department of Spanish and Portuguese faculty who can confirm your academic qualifications and also indicate how you have created a positive learning environment for other students.
- 1. Faculty Name
- 2. Faculty Email Address
- Upload Supporting Document: Financial Aid Award Letter
Upload a copy of your most recent Financial Aid Award Notification from MyUI.
- Upload Supporting Document: Statement
Upload a one-page statement explaining why you want to study Spanish or Portuguese as well as the ways in which this award would alleviate significant financial burdens and thus facilitate your ability to pursue a degree in our Department.
- By signing below, I certify that all information contained in this application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. Further, I understand that consideration for scholarships may be denied if any information is found to be incomplete or inaccurate. My signature also authorizes the University of Iowa to include my academic record with my scholarship application and to release pertinent information to scholarship selection committees, publications and donors.
- 1. Signature (Type Full Name):
- 2. Today's Date